411 From 911
Want to learn more about best practices in communications and marketing that can take your organization to the next level?
We’ve put together these topics, trends and tips to help you identify your needs, discover the most effective strategies and find out how 911MEDIA can implement a customized plan that’s right for you.
Why your organization needs strategic communications services
911MEDIA can help you reach out to your audiences and assist you in achieving your goals through our integrated branding, marketing and communication services. Contact us to learn more.
How to find the best communication tools for your organization
Print and Web both convey credibility and deliver your message efficiently. Call 911MEDIA to discuss which tools would work best for your organization.
Why an online presence or email blast may not be enough
There is a tangible benefit to receiving something in the mail! Studies show that people prefer reading a printed document more than online content, and print is a better medium for explaining complex issues. Advertisers still prefer print to digital, and 64% of readers return to a periodical more than once. While email marketing can be an important tool for your organization, it can also be easy to ignore or delete in an overcrowded inbox, perhaps never to be seen again.
Combining print and Web into a comprehensive communications plan across multiple channels helps your voice be heard clearly and consistently, and reinforces your message. 911MEDIA can help design an integrated approach to best reach your target audience.
Why you don’t need an app for that
911MEDIA can create a website that meets all your organization’s needs in one place. Call us to find out how we can help with responsive mobile design, content development, social media integration and more.
How quality publishing and marketing services can be affordable
If appropriate for your needs, advertising sales or other fundraising methods may offset production costs. We can help develop an advertising and/or sponsorship base that can drive revenue back to your organization in order to reduce these costs.
How to generate content
Content management and development is a specialty of 911MEDIA. Depending on your needs, we can serve as a full-scale communications firm — from creating promotional materials to writing articles based on your ideas — or we can work as project managers for your contributors and edit the copy you provide. Additionally, our team can determine a strategy using the best social media outlets for your message and deploy targeted information as needed.
How you can benefit from help even if you already produce your communications in-house
How strategic communications can help associations
Print publications can play a special role in an association’s communication plan. Member newsletters and magazines are ranked among the top benefits of belonging to an association, and are regularly cited as a reason that members renew their membership. A user-friendly, well-maintained website is another important way to connect, providing the latest updates as well as serving as a central hub to foster a sense of community, and mobile capability lets your busy members access the information they need on the go.
How to secure your organization’s online data
It’s vitally important to maintain the highest level of online security and confidentiality when it comes to your data and that of your members and clients, especially given the frequency and scope of digital attacks in today’s world. While no site is 100 percent secure, there are some precautionary steps you can take to help boost the odds in your favor.
- Update passwords on a regular basis, at a minimum of one to two times per year. Passwords should be complex, contain both alpha and numeric characters and have at least one case change. There should also be at least one “special” (non-alpha/numeric) character. Staff names should never be part of any password. Try a passphrase, so it’s easier for you to remember. For example: If you like the scene from “A Few Good Men” when Jack Nicholson is on the stand, take the line “You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!” and convert it to “Ywtt?Ychtt!”. This example has uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as special characters.
- The best bet is to use a truly complex and random password. We recommend using a secure generator tool, which will provide you with passwords like “MK9T77776$yV.2P”. Strong Password Generator is a good one.
- Remind your staff and members of your organization to be wary of attachments to emails coming from unfamiliar sources, and never open an attachment with an .exe extension.
- Social networking pages are also vulnerable and should be monitored regularly. In addition, if applicable to your organization, staff should remove information about their affiliation with the organization from personal social media.
- For more information, read this interesting article about cybersecurity:
911MEDIA is dedicated to the security of our clients’ websites and resources. We utilize the strictest protocols to protect your digital information and maintain the integrity of your contact lists. Our website hosting and management services embrace the following security promises:
- We use reliable resources for hosting and third-party software.
- We monitor website server logs for unusual activity.
- We perform a backup of your website on a quarterly basis, and offer options for increased frequency.
- We sustain an administrative policy that includes regular password changes, utilizing complex, randomized passwords.
To help meet these commitments, we keep a variety of security measures in place at all times. Contact us to discuss how we can help to address your online security needs.
4444 Riverside Drive, Suite 202
Burbank, CA 91505
(877) DIAL-911 or (877) 342-5911